At Closet Revival resale in Plano, TX, we pay cash up front for your like-new ladies clothing, handbags, shoes, jewelry, and accessories in current styles.
How We Buy
Get cash for fashion!
Come in to Closet Revival in Plano, TX with your items during our buying hours. We do not take appointments; we sort and buy items based on a first come, first serve basis.
We sort your items based upon style, condition, season, age, and demand. Once we’re finished looking through your items, we’ll make you a cash offer.
You also have the option to consign select high-end luxury items such as Chanel, Prada, and Louis Vuitton. We are happy to negotiate!
When We Buy
Our Buying Hours
Monday – Saturday, 10am – 4pm
Buying Process- Drop, Dash, and Donate!
Please note: our buying process has changed due to the pandemic. In order to sell to us, you must agree to our terms before leaving your items with us. Thank you!
Drop & Dash: Stop by with your items on hangers or neatly folded in laundry baskets and leave them with us while we sort through and buy. Due to the occupancy limits, we are currently unable to sort and buy while you shop.
The current wait time is anywhere between a couple hours to 24 hours, depending on our volume. We will always call within 24 hours with your cash amount.
Donate: Everything that we don’t purchase is automatically sorted for donation. If you are ok with donating whatever we don't purchase, you are welcome to leave your items with us. At this time, we are unable to return the items we don’t purchase. You always have the option to decline selling to us and always have the option to wait until we are able to resume our normal buying procedures. All donated items go directly to Arms of Hope, a Texas charity that assists children and single mothers at risk of homelessness, poverty, and domestic violence. Learn more here.
Items are donated on your behalf, and you will receive a donation slip with information about the charity. We do not sell donated items, and we do not receive any compensation for them.
All donations are put into bags and set aside. Donations from multiple customers are put into each bag, and therefore we are unable to re-sort and remove your items once we have already put them aside for donation.
Why Drop, Dash, and Donate?
Our traditional buying procedure requires multiple people to sort, handle, buy, and process your items, and that contact occurs multiple times per item before you are given an offer. Due to current conditions, the constant exposure will pose a risk to everyone's health.
Our current buying procedures are in place for several reasons:
- Sorting and donating prevents additional contact between your items, our employees, and high contact surfaces.
- Our occupancy limit is still at 50%. We are not able to buy and process your items while you wait in the store due to our low capacity.
- We have a large influx of customers selling and have a limited area and staff available to process them.
- We are taking extra precautions to clean and disinfect garments and countertops during the buying process
- We do not have any storage space to hold customer items until they are able to pick them up. Holding on to items not only causes a safety hazard for our employees and other customers; it will prevent us from being able to efficiently purchase and process items from other customers. We are sure that some customers will be true to their word and come back immediately for their items when called, but many customers are not able to do so. It would be unfair to make exceptions for some customers and not others.
Selling items requires a lot of trust between customer and business. We understand it may be difficult to drop off your items with our current COVID policy in place that limits contact between our customers and employees. We understand that this is especially difficult if you have never sold to us before and we have not established that trust between us.
We take your health, the health of our employees, and the health of our customers very seriously. These last few months have been difficult for everyone, and we've had to make a lot of changes with the safety of our customers in mind. Thank you for your understanding.
What We Buy
- Like new condition, current styles
- Clothing appropriate for the current or upcoming season
- Styles and fabrics that are no more than 2 years old
- Brand names from GAP to Chanel. We pay more for designer items, but we care most about style and condition.
- Items on hangers or neatly folded in a shopping bag, laundry basket, or bin. No trash bags please.
- Authentic designer fashion. We do not purchase or sell replicas, dupes, or fakes.
- Sizes 0-4x in tops, 0-26 in bottoms, and size 5 to 11 in shoes
- Fine jewelry (Gold and Silver, David Yurman, John Hardy etc.) and popular designer costume jewelry (Kendra Scott, Brighton etc.)
We Don’t Buy
- Clothing that’s been in your closet for several years regardless of the brand or original price, even if it has original tags.
- Evening wear, formal dresses, prom dresses or bridal
- Business suits
- Corduroy pants
- Junior brands and styles
- Pajamas or lingerie
- Real furs
- Children’s clothing and shoes
- Clothing with missing buttons or broken closures
- Altered clothing
- Most costume jewelry
- Clothing with stains, tears, pulls, pills, or pet hair
- Men’s clothing, accessories, and shoes
Men’s Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories
Protocol is our new men’s upscale resale store- we have name brand and designer clothing, shoes, and accessories, all for the same low prices and high quality that you expect at Closet Revival. Check us out! We are now open.